Someone commented they would like to see recipes that had eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes in it. I just could not find anything that I wanted to make that used all three at once. I have a friend that used this recipe and told me about it so I am sharing it with you.
I still have to decide what I'm going to do with my veggies. The tomato I'm not worried about. I'm sure the zucchini will become bread. I might just toss the eggplant into the bread too.
Grilled Vegetables Italian Style
Any amount to your liking.
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Prepare enough Marinade to Generously cover your veggies.
- Put your EVOO in a sauce pan.
- Add salt to taste.
- Chop 4 cloves garlic in large chunks.
- Mince Thyme and Rosemary very finely and add only a small amount of rosemary and a bit more thyme.
- Simmer until the garlic gets a bit of color.
- Remove from heat
- You may strain out garlic and herbs or leave them.
- Add chopped basil and wilt it.
- Slice Zucchini, Eggplant, Peppers into large enough chunks that they don't fall into the grill (think lengthwise!)
- Half the tomatoes and seed them.
- Coat everything in the Marinade.
- Reserve the rest of the marinade.
- Grill until tender. Keep it flipping to avoid too much char.
- Spoon all the "goodies" (garlic and herbs) out of the marinade onto the finished platter of veggies.
- Drizzle a bit of balsamic over.
- Grind some fresh pepper on top.
- Serve over Pasta, or alongside meat. (The Marinade will do great on steaks but don't use it for anything after the meat so maybe just make a bit more! Soak it then rub a bit of ground thyme on the meat then grill!)
If you have a Bountiful Baskets in your area I highly recommend them! You get two baskets of fresh produce for $15..amazing. In fact this recipe used many of the foods in our last basket. I think some might have been an Italian add on but still fantastic if you love fresh produce.