Hey! Those look just like mine. Okay, let's give it a try. It's super easy to do.
Grab a heavy duty zipper bag. (Freezer grade would be best.) And put your trays in the bag.
|I did two at a time because my stove is almost always in use.|
I only left mine for 8 hours. I am impatient and figured if it wasn't enough I'd just put them back in.
I took a deep breath, with water running, opened the bag and turned it so all the ammonia would run down the drain, I left the water running over the trays while I quickly sealed the bag and put it in the trash. I used a Scotch green pad and dish soap to wash the burners off. The only place I actually had to scrub were in the creases. I didn't have to actually scrub, just run my fingernail across it and it all came right off.
|Look at that!|
So this is a Pinterest YES!
*CAUTION: Ammonia is strong and will burn your lungs and eyes if you inhale or stand in the fumes too long. My kitchen is pretty open but if you have a small or enclosed kitchen open windows or use a fan to dissipate the fumes. That being said, I have COPD and was able to hold my breath long enough to do what needed to be done and will use this method again.*